Sprinkler System Project Management
- Risk Consulting prepare detailed written specification supported by conceptual drawings and hydraulic calculations
- Risk Consulting take ownership of the project at all times acting with our clients awareness and understanding
What the client obtains
Typically these are the problems that have been faced by companies in the past.
- Inadequate specification e.g. quote to comply with LPC / BS-EN and no standard is all embracing so compliance is easy and the client gets caught by hidden extras.
- Variation in quotes both in content and price and most competitive price does not imply the best deal so contractors cut corners when they under price a job that results in poor quality
- Insurers reject drawings or calculations due to errors and delays occur due to misunderstanding and misrepresentation
- The contract fails to be completed in time or on budget and client, contractor and insurer dissatisfied up on completion
Risk Consulting overcome these using the following methodology.
- Site visit or meeting with key players to discuss the project and set out the parameters.
- Contractors quote on the Risk Consulting documentation based on clients and insurers needs so that all quotes are on a like for like basis.
- The impact upon site services and conditions can be assessed e.g. sprinkler pipe runs can be assessed prior to an order being placed
- Contractors do not give ‘rule of thumb’ prices and are subsequently interviewed to determine the most suitable contractor to work with.
- Issues not covered under design specifications such as safety procedures, welfare and storage facilities, programme and manning levels are discussed and agreed prior to contract placement.
- After contract placement the contractor audits the Risk Consulting work to verify its correctness as the contractor undertakes design responsibility. A follow up meeting is arranged to ensure the contractor and insurer are in agreement
- Insurers have full details so can not subsequently increase their requirements
- Risk Consulting during installation carries out site visits, vets contractors drawings and calculations and liases with insurers.
- Risk Consulting acts as an intermediary should any misunderstandings arise
- Upon completion Risk Consulting carry out a final inspection and commission the water supplies with insurers and issue an independent report of compliance.
All parties are satisfied with a good job completed at the right price for the right level of protection and in particular this needs to be insurers who agree the system design prior to order placement